I would like to receive information about water supply technology and waste water classes.

Please review the list of classes required for a degree or certificate program in Water Supply Technology on the San Bernardino Valley College web-site. If you are interested in a degree then you will be taking courses for two years to complete the program. If you are interested in a certificate, then you would take just the coursework (15-18 units) to complete the certificate. Each semester we offer the entry-level courses: WST-031 Water Use Efficiency I, WST-061 Distribution I, WST-071 Water Treatment I, WST-081 Wastewater Collections, WST-091 Wastewater Treatment I. If you are interested in attending classes, please complete registration asap, because there are a series of assessment exams that must be taken first, which will further delay your ability to add the classes of your choice.

How much will it cost for a certificate course and how will can I finance the cost of the program?

The current cost per unit is $46.00 with each course totaling three units. Additional information concerning financial aid can be found at www.valleycollege.edu/admissions-financial-aid/financial-aid."

Does the college accept post 911 G.I. Bill benefits to defray college tuition costs?

The college is actively assisting our industry partners by seeking women and underrepresented minorities including veterans to enroll in courses in the program. Please use the following link for information on veteran benefits www.valleycollege.edu/admissions...aid/.../Veterans/receive_benefits. Also, SBVC has an active Veteran Center that assists our student veterans with benefit information and at the following link www.valleycollege.edu/admissions...aid/.../Veterans/vets-resource-ctr "

I would like to receive additional information about the Water Supply Technology Program and possibly working to obtain an Associate degree. I would eventually want to work toward a Bachelor's degree at a university.

If you are interested in taking the classes, a good suggestion would be to schedule an appointment with an academic counselor in order to establish an educational plan to achieve your career goals.

I would like to come in and speak with someone from your department. Do I need to make an appointment or can I just come in?

Please contact the Department Chair, Achala Chatterjee at 909-384-8507. She can be contacted to personally answer any additional questions concerning the program.

I am interested in water treatment and do not speak good English. But, I am in adult school with no high school diploma.

The course will require basic writing skills and math. As a prospective student, you will be required to take an assessment exam and your ability to enroll in water courses will be based on the overall scoring.

Are there many positions for women? And is there still a demand in this local area?

Yes, there are many jobs available because of the number of retirees leaving the water industry.

I have my state license from the state of California Water Resources Control Board. I need experience so I can work in the water field.

Once enrolled in the program, you will also have an opportunity to sign up for an unpaid or paid internship at a participating water agency to gain college credit.

I would like to further my career in the water industry. I am currently a meter reader for the City of San Bernardino, and I would like some more information.

Since you are currently employed at water agency, you may be able to turn your current experience into college credit.

Do employers usually hire students after the internship program?

The Water Supply Technology (WST) Program has an active and growing internship program, offering non-paid work assignments that primarily provide orientation and general exposure to the workplace. The work experience program has received high marks from both students and industry. San Bernardino Valley College (SBVC) students are increasingly being identified as the type of applicants needed to meet existing staffing requirements of various water agencies.

Can I take all the classes needed for water treatment in one semester or will it take two semesters?

If you are interested in a certificate, the 15-18 units of course work designed to attain the certificate can be completed in two to three semesters.

I currently do not have a high school diploma or G. E. D. Is that an issue?

Please review the admission requirements listed on the San Bernardino Valley College website. There is also a link to contact an academic counselor.

I am looking into joining the water supply technology program and wanted to know does this program count the continuing education units (CEU's) from California State University of Sacramento Office of Water Programs?

The California State University of Sacramento Office of Water Program courses do qualify for use in the certification exams and waiver of the course prerequisites. However, you will have to convert those continuing education units to college credit if your goal is to eventually get an AS Associate Degree in Water Supply Technology.

I currently work full-time for a water services district, and I was wondering if you offer evening courses or weekend classes?

Most of the course offerings are in both the morning and afternoon sessions. Only the certification preparation courses which are designed to help student pass the state licensing exams are offered on Saturday. The college is closed on Sunday during both fall and spring semesters.

Can this certificate be obtained via distance learning/on-line programs? Please provide information.

The WST Program does not offer any distance learning courses at this time. However, beginning Fall 2015, the WST 061 Water Distribution I course will be offered in an distance learning format. However, the program is evolving and we are examining the on-line option in the future.

Are any course offered during the summer?

Typically, the summer course offerings are limited to the following: WST-061 Distribution I, WST-062 Water Distribution II or WST-091 Wastewater Treatment I. Students may also elect to enroll in work experience and gain college credit as an unpaid or paid internship at a participating water agency.